Technical Product Manager
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD
It is not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It is hard and challenging work, but also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power. Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather. Bringing this technology to market requires a team that works together.
Echodyne is seeking a Technical Product Manager with experience in complex hardware and software products to join its team. You will be working in a fast-paced environment developing next generation radar systems. The Technical Product Manager will help develop the radar platform roadmap and act as the voice of the customer, championing the product vision with other teams.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Understand, internalize, and evangelize the product vision and market opportunity, and work to align engineering efforts with that vision across both short-term development efforts and long-term roadmaps.
- Serve as the nexus for engineering efforts conducted in execution of the product design, working closely with the executive team, business development, marketing, engineering and external partners to develop and distill requirements for current and future incarnations.
- Develop clear requirements from both internal and external stakeholders and distilling requirements from use-case analysis.
- Work with the Engineering team to write, review, and iterate upon design documents to ensure architectural consistency, quality, and a rapid release cadence.
- Work within program management office to ensure and maintain the soundness of the program plan, risk, timelines, and costs.
Required skills / experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with a diverse set of team members. Generate product documentation and specifications. Debate feature trade-offs with SMEs.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, taking complex requirements, workflows, and problems, and developing and communicating rational execution plans.
- Experience working with complex software-defined hardware such as sensors, radios, autonomous platforms.
Desired skills / experience (looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills):
- Radar systems and signal processing background.
- Data analysis experience, working with software tools (Python, MATLAB, etc.) to review and analyze radar data products and results from field deployments.
- Experience in software development best practices, including tools like the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) for tracking development and JAMA for capturing requirements.
- Background managing software validation and release processes.
- Part 107 UAV Remote Pilot certification.
- BS in technical field (engineering, sciences) required, MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with hardware and/or software engineering teams in a hands-on capacity as a product manager, engineering manager, or similar role.
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met, paid office closure days and sick leave.
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more.