Field Application Engineer
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD.
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
INNOVATE. DISRUPT. ENABLE.
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) radar is changing the way people think about high-performance radar. Electronically scanning array radars (often referred to as Phased Array radars) have been the gold standard in high performance radar for 30+ years. Unfortunately, they remain cost prohibitive for a vast majority of potential radar applications. Based on a decade of research, Echodyne brings ESA high-performance radar to markets and applications never thought possible due to Cost, Size, Weight or Power constraints.
Echodyne has developed a ground-breaking sensor for Level 4+ Autonomous Driving and is seeking an energetic & motivated Field Application Engineer who will play a critical role in supporting and training our quickly growing customer and partner base, while also demonstrating our products in a variety of applications. Successful candidates will be effective communicators, and are smart, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
Echodyne also has two commercial products, launched in 2017, that are used for airspace and ground surveillance for security, UAV, and counter-UAV markets.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Support the formation of customer and partner relationships by understanding and conveying the value our radar products bring to their solutions and applications.
- Support the growth of customer and partner relationships by executing initial configuration, iterating on system tuning, and providing ongoing technical support and troubleshooting.
- Support sales and business development by answering customer questions about a very technical product and following up in a timely manner.
- Manage relationships with existing and potential customers and partners while at demonstrations to ensure a positive impression.
- Showcase Echodyne’s products by performing radar demonstrations which meet or exceed product expectations at external events, conferences, partner and customer-sites, and by participating in post-demo data analysis and report creation.
- Support the scaling of Echodyne’s customer and partner bases by developing and maintaining training materials, including application notes and user manuals.
- Help improve Echodyne’s products by regularly collecting customer feedback on strengths and weaknesses, and interfacing with Echodyne product managers and engineers.
- Around 20-30% travel may be required across North America (with some international travel likely).
Required skills / experience:
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up and decision-making skills.
- Solid technical foundation and good technical writing skills highly desired.
- Outstanding customer-focused communication skills with the ability to convey high-level overviews as well as deeply detailed explanations.
- Personal integrity, trustworthiness, and respect while representing Echodyne, demonstrating the product, answering questions, and effectively communicating the product and company value propositions.
- Resiliency and a positive attitude, as well as analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Software competency a “must-have,” such as the ability to use MATLAB or Python to perform simple data plotting and analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced work environment requiring attention-to-detail and developing writing, presenting, and communication skills.
- Experience with software-defined products, comfortable with Agile development cycles supporting C/C++ custom applications.
- Understanding of basic digital signal processing functions and application to various sensor modalities. Direct experience with radar signal processing a plus.
- Comfortable troubleshooting hardware/software interface issues and working with customers to determine root causes of issues.
- Proven track record of learning a technical product, experience in relating the product to customer experiences is a plus.
- Experienced in coordinating efforts across teams.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree; preferably in Engineering/Science discipline.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and 401(k)
- Paid vacation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Seattle’s Best Companies to Work For (two-years in a row)