Director of Sales, Critical Infrastructure - Remote
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD.
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
INNOVATE. DISRUPT. ENABLE.
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) radar is changing the way people think about high-performance radar. Electronically scanning array radars (often referred to as Phased Array radars) have been the gold standard in high performance radar for 30+ years. Unfortunately, they remain cost prohibitive for a vast majority of potential radar applications. Based on a decade of research, Echodyne brings ESA high-performance radar to markets and applications never thought possible due to Cost, Size, Weight or Power constraints.
Echodyne is seeking a Director of Sales for their critical infrastructure markets who will play a critical role in identifying new business opportunities and maximizing sales revenue for our company. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, self-driven, high-integrity, straight-shooting, top sales performer to join our fast-paced, high performing team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated performance in establishing relationships and closing business in the commercial security marketplace, with a focus on critical infrastructure deployments, and non-Federal public sector organizations. Additionally, this candidate will be able to bring with him/her a strong contact network and existing relationships. This candidate will be responsible for accurately forecasting and managing their pipeline to ensure they meet or exceed revenue targets.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Identify, develop and qualify profitable new business opportunities and drive deals from start to finish
- Develop the channel capture strategy, internal and external partnerships and marketing support needed
- Build mutually-beneficial relationships with Video Management System providers, commercial security/ non-Federal public sector solution providers/integrators, and resellers
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives within prospective channel partners and establish, develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Establish relationships within end-user groups and develop customer profiles, including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases
- Identify and prioritize the market verticals that are a best fit for Echodyne’s technology in terms of requirements, performance and price points
- Gain a full understanding of customer sales cycles and provide accurate monthly/quarterly revenue forecasts
- Develop and orchestrate channel train-the-trainer programs to enable smooth solution implementation
- Lead and coordinate competitive assessments, determining the strengths and weaknesses of Echodyne and potential competitors in the commercial security marketplace
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed revenue targets and KPIs and be well-compensated for doing so
- Conduct on-site demonstrations of the product and represent Echodyne at conferences and tradeshows
- Manage customer relationships beyond the close to ensure expansion and renewal business
- Keep track of closed deals and win-loss performance and share your insights and challenges so the team can move faster, improve, and sell more!
- Up to 40-60% travel may be required
Required skills / experience:
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to effectively communicate the product value proposition
- Good technical foundation to dig in and understand the technology and answer questions about it
- Possess the ability to influence others, overcome objections, smile and remain resilient everyday
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent forecasting and qualification skills
- 7+ years of experience in commercial security and/or non-Federal public sector business development (with perimeter protection focus)
- Proven track record of capturing new business opportunities and exceeding quota in a sales role
- Good understanding and personal connections in commercial security market (especially for critical infrastructure protection) and/or non-Federal public sector organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage channel partners in pursuit of integrated security solutions
- Experience integrating products with Video Management System (VMS) market share leaders
- Experienced in holding meetings/presentations at executive levels
- Demonstrated success leading project delivery for large, cross functional programs
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures
- Bachelor of Science degree; preferably in Engineering/Science discipline
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and 401(k)
- Paid vacation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Seattle’s Best Companies to Work For (two-years in a row)
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.