Radar Systems Engineer
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power. Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather. Bringing this technology to market requires a team that works together.
Echodyne is seeking a Radar System Engineer with experience in in leading large, multi-disciplined diverse teams through the complete product development life cycle following an integrated system engineering process. You will be working in a fast-paced environment developing next generation RADAR systems. The engineer will present a deep understanding of requirements development in an agile environment, architecture definition / decomposition, testing philosophies / methodologies, and verification coverage.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
In this role, you will participate in the System Engineering life cycle, including requirements development, architecture decomposition, system analyses (reliability, maintainability, etc.), integration and test planning, and system verification.
- Hands-on design, test, integration, and verification support across lab facilities requiring skills in algorithms, software, hardware, and networking.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate stakeholder requirements into design specifications.
- Support technical publications in developing for customer releases system requirements documents, test procedures, and test reports.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting on Systems Engineering activities.
- Provide Radar System status reports, as required, to the System Engineering & Product Line Managers.
- Support technical & functional leadership through the identification of risk.
- Champion the development & sustainment of processes to execute on cost, schedule & technical performance goals for the company.
- Work closely with customer representatives in all the above tasks to support witnessed events.
- Mentor the engineering team in test and verification best practices.
Required skills / experience:
- Demonstrated experienced with Radar (or similar system) hardware/software and the ability to model / analyze system performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of theory and operations of computer/network systems as they apply to radar systems control and processing.
- Demonstrated understanding of system behavioral definition following Model Based System Engineering practices (Use Case definition, States & Modes development, Activity diagram creation, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of /UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with architecture definition through trade studies of component vendors / supply chain (RF, Digital Logic, Metal, etc.).
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills.
Desired skills / experience (looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills):
- Experience in program execution in Agile environments and system engineering of large, complex systems
- Knowledgeable in software programming languages (i.e., C/C++, Python, &MatLab)
- Experience with data analysis and automated testing techniques
- Computer Networking skills; familiar with Cisco and Arista router and switches
- Previous experience with Phased Array Radar or similar Electronic Warfare Systems
- Strong oral and written communication/presentations skills
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- A self-starter with strong integration skills and able to work independently and handle multiple integration aspects of a program.
- Demonstrated experience and success collaborating in a team environment for system development and integration, with strong knowledge of system hardware and software configuration, networking, and hardware stand-up and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work as a part of a diverse team, both in support and leadership functions.
- Flexibility to work non-standard work shifts as required by the supported programs.
- Capable of lifting heavy test equipment (50 lbs) following the NIOSH mathematical model.
- Availability to travel domestically as required by the supported programs.
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave.
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more.