Electrical Engineer (Analog & Mixed Signal)
Echodyne has developed a core technology platform that enables a new architecture of all-electronic fast-scanning RADAR systems by leveraging the unique properties of metamaterials. This platform, the Metamaterial Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) enables the same beam-steering control of a phased-array antenna, but with dramatically reduced cost and complexity. Echodyne believes this technology has the potential to revolutionize the accessibility of imaging radar systems, and is now developing MESA for a broad range of markets - both commercial and government.
Echodyne is seeking an Electrical Engineer with experience in Analog and Mixed Signal Design Engineering to join its team working in a fast-paced environment developing its next generation radar systems. This Electrical Engineer plays a key role in every phase of the product lifecycle (Definition, Exploration, Architecting, Design, Development, Verification, Production, and Sustainment). In each phase they will pull from their background in circuit design to aid in the quick decision making and progression through the smallest assessments to the largest architecture trades.
- Responsible for analog and mixed signal circuits for commercial radars through concept, design, implementation, test, and transition to manufacturing.
- Work in a state-of-the-art electronics lab developing tests and bringing-up first-of-kind printed circuit assemblies.
Required skills / experience:
- Strong background in analog and mixed signal circuit theory and circuit development.
- Experienced in the use of schematic capture tools to design circuits that include digital, analog, power supplies, and programmable devices.
- Understanding of parts selection and layout techniques for digital circuits and power supplies with the ability to trade off design constraints for efficiency, thermal, and signal integrity.
- Understanding of low-speed signaling protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, etc.).
- Ability to Perform Spice simulations for new and existing circuit designs.
- Troubleshoot and test circuits using Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers.
- Ability to develop and execute tests using logic capture/analysis and oscilloscopes.
Desired skills / experience:
- Experience with Altium (or equivalent) for schematic capture and layout.
- Experience with LTSpice (or equivalent) for simulation.
- Experience with VHDL and FPGA implementations.
- Experience with C/C++ and Processor implementations.
- Scientific coding skills, including MATLAB or Python (or equivalent) for scripting tests.
- Previous experience with high speed data converters.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-7 years’ experience in circuit design and embedded programming
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.