Material Handler II
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power. Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather. Bringing this technology to market requires a team that works together.
Echodyne is seeking a Material Handler to manage material within the production work environment.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Receiving – perform appropriate transactions and deliver material to receiving inspection, stock/inventory, or internal customers.
- Material Kitting for production work orders. Work with manufacturing personnel to provide kitted work orders as needed. Also responsible for monitor and fulfillment of consumables and other parts and supplies.
- Inventory Control. This function will primarily own scrap transactions, weekly cycle counting, and investigation and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Organizes material shelving, stocking, and staging areas as needed for optimum efficiency and control.
- Prepare packages for outbound shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Support departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
- Support various Engineering and NPI materials and supplies procurement.
- Assist with MRO, consumable, and other purchasing tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- AS/AA degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years material handling and inventory control experience
Skills & Abilities
- Strong background in factory material handling techniques, such as cycle counting, kitting, KanBan, max/min, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with ISO regulated Quality Management Systems such as ISO9001, ISO13495 or AS9100
- High attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills. Excel, Word, etc. Experience using MRP systems/databases.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Purchasing experience is a plus.
- Desire for active role in recommending and implementing continuous improvements.
This position is scheduled for Monday through Friday during typical office hours, however, staggered shifts and/or weekend work may also be required based upon business needs. Lifting up to 40 lbs
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave.
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more.