Senior FPGA Engineer
HELP US BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION RADAR
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but creates vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power.
Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Senior FPGA Design Engineer to develop FPGA-based solutions for Echodyne’s MESA-based products. Your responsibilities would include specification, design, RTL coding, simulation, debug, verification and test, and documentation of FPGAs used in Echodyne’s MESA-based products.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
What you’ll do:
- Develop FPGA-based solutions in VHDL and Verilog for Echodyne’s MESA products. Own your part of the system from start to finish
- Deliver your reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective designs and products in a timely fashion
- Support department functional groups in defining product features and requirements
- Work alongside radar, signal processing, hardware and software engineers to implement platform functionality to meet specific system control and signal processing needs.
What we’re looking for:
- Senior-level experience in FPGA design and verification using VHDL and Verilog
- Solid understanding of FPGA architectures (DSP, SOC), their hardware/software interfaces, and memory interfaces (DDR, SRAM, Flash).
- Experience with SERDES and other high-speed communication protocols in FPGAs
- Experience debugging FPGA-based hardware systems in a lab environment
- Experience working in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Ability to communicate your ideas, plans and designs to teammates
- BS, MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with 7+ years’ experience
Nice to have extras:
- Experience using Python to facilitate verification.
- Experience implementing RF or Radar systems, including radar processing approach such as FFT filtering and threshold processing.
- Understanding of sampling theory, digital filtering, and ADC signal digitization.
- Familiar with Matlab or equivalent.
Technologies & Tools we use (you don’t need to know all of these):
- ModelSim, Quartus, MORE FPGA-specific stuff here.
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, Python, Make/CMake.
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave.
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more.