Manager, Sales Operations
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets but enables vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power. Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather. Bringing this technology to market requires a team that works together.
Echodyne is seeking a Manager, Sales Operations to support our growth efforts and assist in the implementation of sound sales processes. We have already developed an excellent reputation in our key markets and are now looking to implement effective processes and controls to support rapid growth. We are looking for a smart, analytical, enthusiastic, self-driven, high-integrity performer to join our fast-paced, high performing team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated exceptional skills in the implementation and enforcement of sales operations and processes. Additionally, this candidate will be able to bring expertise to fully leverage the capabilities of the Salesforce CRM tool. This is an individual contributor position, and will report to the Vice President, Sales.
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- Support the VP, Sales in the implementation and enforcement of sound sales processes to include opportunity capture and tracking, accurate forecasting and trend analysis
- Prepare and submit customer quotes and assist in the preparation and submission of formal proposals
- Conduct initial research on new opportunities and partners to support our qualification efforts and make recommendations to VP, Sales and/or VP Business Development
- Identify and track actual end-users from each transaction through system integrators and other channel partners
- Coordinate with Operations on anticipated quantities for product shipments and customer-specific instructions
- Track shipped goods by serial number for warranty confirmation and communications on product updates
- Track product loaners as assets and assist in tracking RMAs through completion
- Work with Applications Engineering to schedule customer demonstrations and installation and testing activities
- Prepare and present various sales reports that will help us to accurately measure our business and conduct trend analysis to recommend any adjustments to sales strategy
- Keep track of closed deals and win-loss performance and share your insights so the team can move faster, improve, and sell more!
- Act as a key sales interface with Finance, Marketing and Operations
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated skills in data entry, manipulation and analysis
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to create effective presentations
- Good knowledge of sound sales processes and results tracking
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Previous work in public sector sales or channel sales is a plus
- 5+ years of experience working in a sales operations capacity
- Expertise with the Salesforce platform for establishing territories and accounts, quote submission and approval processes and report formatting and generation
- Ability to conduct research, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Multiple medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; select the ones that are right for you.
- Company paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible time off – Generous paid time off as long as business objectives are being met; paid office closure days and sick leave.
- Lots of healthy snack options.
- Locker rooms/showers.
- Fun company events.
- Discounts on cell phone service, computers, movie tickets, travel and more.