Enterprise Systems Integration Manager
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Bozeman, Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Houston, Juneau, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, Seattle, Tallahassee and Washington, D.C.
The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support, design, select and improve technology systems at Earthjustice. The Systems Integration Manager will be responsible for improving how all our platforms and systems work together and share data with each other. They will plan our software systems, how those systems integrate across the enterprise and how they will be supported and maintained over time. They will determine how new systems can be successfully integrated into our enterprise technology ecosystem. They will be responsible for managing updates and patches to systems, directing the IT Ops teams when necessary.
Partnering with information technology stakeholders, the Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will review all platforms for integration and security requirements. They will also assess training needed for IT when appropriate.
The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager should have excellent communication, interpersonal, project management, and governance skills. They should also be adept at analysis, problem solving, and conflict resolution since they will work with a variety of departments and stakeholders across the enterprise who may have different goals for a project. Working directly with various functional areas, the Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will provide vendor management during the selection process, implementation, and maintenance of the new system.
This is a remote U.S. position.
Cross Functional System Support of various applications and platforms (55%)
- The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will be responsible for maintaining and updating existing systems. This will include systems owned by other departments such as Litigation Operations, HR, Finance, Development, and Communications. Upgrades will be fully tested prior to rolling them into production.
- The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will lead the selection process for new systems to be deployed at Earthjustice determining integration support between new systems and existing systems. The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will collaborate with project leads, and IT to ensure that the solution selected is viable and consistent with our existing environment.
- For new system implementations, the Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will prioritize business requirements and communicate plans with stakeholders for review and approval. They will then work with the PMO on project intake so that a project manager can be assigned to assist with the project administrative tasks. Finally, they will work with Internal Communications to plan and execute a change management plan for the implementation.
- The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will provide administrative support for systems across the organization and develop strong vendor relationships for systems. They will serve as the escalation point for internal departmental owners of the systems to either resolve issues or escalate them with vendors as needed.
- Partner with Earthjustice’s CISO to conduct vendor security assessments. Partner with Office of General Counsel to review vendor master service agreements and scopes of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities (20%)
- The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager may have direct reports. These direct reports will produce reports from our Earthjustice systems and document current workflows within and across systems.
Vendor Relations (15%)
- Lead periodic vendor performance reviews for strategic vendors to ensure partners are meeting established SLAs and manage associated remediation plans, as necessary. And establish strong partnerships with third party service providers including management of vendors, access agreements, service level agreements, and ensure contracts are in place to support all services.
Learning and Professional Development (10%)
- Identify and pursue technology training to support the IT mission of Earthjustice.
- Attend conferences and online webinars to improve knowledge in areas system integration and support of all departments within Earthjustice.
The Enterprise Systems Integration Manager will manage software, applications and infrastructure that supports all areas of Earthjustice including:
- Cloud and Hybrid Cloud:
- Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365 Services
- Boomi integrations
- Microsoft SQL Server
- InTapp Time, Intake and Conflicts
- Foundation (matter intelligence)
- Future Document Management System
- Server / Client Platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Windows Client
- Windows Server Enterprise Services
- SQL Server databases
- Operations Support:
- Workramp (HR)
- ADP Integration
- Development and Communication Specific:
- Blackbaud Enterprise CRM
- Future CRM
- 5 years information technology related job experience
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience, preference for (Management — Computer Information Systems, Data Science, technology, or related degree).
- Experience in effectively communicating systems and integration concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving in high pressure situations
- Hands on experience in integrating systems across an enterprise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, customer driven environment
- Proven experience leading innovative digital enterprise transformation and implementing modern technologies such as cloud and emerging technologies to enable productivity and growth.
- Demonstrated good judgment, resourcefulness, and initiative
- Able to help with critical emergencies after hours
- Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Flexibility to work as a team and independently with little supervision
- Demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations
- Contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences
- Some weekend and off hours are required
- Extended hour support on call work required
- Visits regional offices as needed
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. As a 501(c)(3) organization, Earthjustice is a qualifying employer for purposes of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY: $155,700 - $173,000
Salary range in Seattle, WA, Washington, D.C., or Chicago, IL: $148,000 - $164,400
Salary range in Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA: $140,100 - $155,700
Salary range in Miami, FL, Texas (state), or Atlanta, GA: $132,400 - $147,100
The remote salary range for other locations in the U.S.: $132,400 - $164,400
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
- Cover letter
Please reach out to [email protected] if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.