Digital Fundraising and Engagement Associate
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
Earthjustice is looking for a motivated, organized and environmentally-oriented Associate to add to its Digital Fundraising and Engagement team. The Associate serves as a key member of the Development Departmental to support a collaborative, holistic and cohesive fundraising environment, and to cultivate and steward our nearly 2 million list members and 110,000+ donors.
Digital fundraising currently provides nearly 10% of the organization’s annual $100M+ revenue. Earthjustice has launched a $750 million, five-year fundraising campaign of which $50M will come from online donors. Candidates should be comfortable with HTML, spreadsheets, analytics and fundraising. They will be focused on CRM production tasks, list maintenance, and donor response. A non-profit background and CRM knowledge is a plus but not required. The Associate reports to the Associate Director of Digital Fundraising and Engagement and will work in close coordination with the entire digital fundraising team.
Email List Growth (40%)
- Support email list growth through paid and unpaid efforts such as cross promotions with other organizations, sponsored petitions and advertising campaigns.
- Maintain list hygiene and clean-up routines for online and offline databases.
- Help develop and implement new strategies for digital advertising for list growth and donor conversion.
- Help implement and optimize welcome and reengagement series for all new and lapsed list members. Assist with welcome and conversion efforts to new list members.
- Donation form management.
- Respond to online inquiries from non-donors.
- Manage all member email preferences.
- Help writing follow-up messages to donors on the work they are engaged in.
- Assist with the creation of all outbound HTML email messages to our nearly 2 million supporters, including drafting copy for outgoing event and informational emails.
- Proactively pursue and utilize internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Participate in internal committees and working groups to further institutional priorities and build an inclusive and equitable work environment that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Ensure the incorporation of inclusive practices in all duties and responsibilities, on a consistent and ongoing basis, including but not limited to verbal and written interactions with constituents and Earthjustice staff.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred. 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in or with a non-profit preferred.
- Experience with at least one eCRM tool—preferably EveryAction.
- HTML and Photoshop experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on responsibility.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Background and interest in environmental issues, racial justice, or social justice preferred. Strong detail orientation and organizational skills a must.
- Excellent written and in-person communications skills.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $62,000 - $68,900
Salary range will vary for remote locations.
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
- Cover letter.
Please reach out to [email protected] if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.