Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and engaged communities and employee advocates.
As a Product Engineering team, we pride ourselves in delivering quality software that people love to use and embrace large scale business and technical challenges. Operating as a global team, we are organized into agile feature teams to allow maximum efficiency. We build in a modern, evolving stack (C#, .Net Core, React, PostgreSQL), leveraging new technologies as needed. We operate with shared trust and no egos and enjoy being 'in this together' to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
Role and level
As a Technical Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading one of our agile feature teams in the successful delivery of core features that impact the lives of users worldwide. You will
- Build, Lead, and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team
- Be the conduit of growth for your team. Inspire and nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor, as well as by challenging the team to do their best work. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- Set a clear vision and purpose for the team and track against KPI’s.
- Take ownership for the successful timely development and delivery of core features including architecture, estimation, planning, user story creation, and day to day management. Effective planning and reporting are key to this.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Be a hands-on technical advisor to the team, leading teams to build and test modern, scalable, performant, and secure applications in line with development standards and guidelines and patterns: This may involve leading code reviews, helping the team solve difficult problems by designing and architecting solutions along with PMs and design, gut checking new ideas and proposals, or bringing innovative concepts to life as a PoC, etc.
- Drive improvement initiatives in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality
- Represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of leading and managing high performing engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Developer
- Rich development experience with C#,.Net. Experience in React also is a bonus!
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack customer-facing software solutions
- Experience running teams in an Agile or Scrum environment
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- You have excellent communication skills and great ability to build effective working relationships
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at DynamicSignal (DySi). It is a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]