Manager, Core Laboratory
Dynacare is looking for a Manager -Chemistry laboratory to join our team in Brampton. This is a full time, permanent role working night shift.
The Manager, Chemistry laboratory is responsible for managing the laboratory operations and people leadership of the Chemistry department. Working with the Director, Laboratory Operations and Scientific Directors, this role fosters a culture of safety, quality and internal and external customer service. Through inspirational leadership, creates an environment of high performance and employee engagement.
- As a leader, role model and coach, fostering an environment of positive employee relations, strong teamwork, and employee engagement
- Creating an environment of trust and open communication by sharing information in a timely manner and encouraging multi-directional feedback
- Acting as a coach to promote career growth opportunities, educational pursuits, and participation in internal development programs
- Managing people resources for optimal workforce planning, recruitment, performance goal setting, training, scheduling and effective workflow
- Collaborating with other managers and Director, Laboratory Operations to create a positive work environment in the laboratory
- Overseeing the scientific and technical operation of the department to meet established laboratory standards, accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Resolving any technical and/or client issues, problems and/or concerns by leveraging the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Recommending, implementing, and monitoring departmental procedures, policies, and standards
- Working with various stakeholders to develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Managing compliance requirements such as collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Ensuring appropriate methodology and equipment are in place and assisting in the development of new methods or changes in existing methods
- Monitoring quality control programs and processes, reviewing and interpreting QC results, acting to correct any potential issues
- Providing exceptional customer service, ensuring customer needs are addressed as needed
- Responsible for business planning, goal development and scheduling for the department
- Review scientific issues and challenges with Director, Operations
- 3 to 5 years previous leadership experience
- BSc. or certified MLT
- Demonstrated experience leading and engaging diverse team
- Exceptional communication skills that are adapted to the needs of stakeholder
- Ability to foster relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience in planning, preparing, and devising work schedules
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and processes for providing customer satisfaction including quality standards for services, and evaluation of processes
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and management reports
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in applying project management principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities
- Strong decision-making ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities
Nice to haves:
- Lean Six Sigma certification
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process
Dynacare is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that it is a requirement for this role that the individual be fully vaccinated*, unless an exemption under the applicable provincial human rights legislation applies. Proof of full vaccination will be required to be submitted to our third-party services provider for verification purposes.
*“Fully vaccinated” is defined as two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after the second dose