Dynacare is currently searching for a Manager- Histology Lab in Brampton, Ontario. This is a full time, day shift role.
- Fostering an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork, providing leadership, coaching and recognition to the team while overseeing the scientific and technical functioning of the department
- Creating an environment of trust and open communication, ensuring understanding and communication of information in a timely manner
- Recommending, implementing, and monitoring departmental procedures, policies, and standards
- Developing, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives strategies
- Managing compliance requirements such as collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Ensuring appropriate methodology and equipment are in place and assisting in the development of new methods or changes in existing methods
- Monitoring quality control programs and processes, reviewing and interpreting QC results, acting to correct any potential issues.
- Providing exceptional customer service, ensuring customer needs are addressed as needed
- Business planning, goal development and scheduling for the department.
. Must have:
- Previous managerial experience in a clinical environment
- Current CMLTO registration in good standing
- Post-secondary education in healthcare or related field
- Demonstrated leadership overseeing a team of direct reports or cross-functional project teams
- Experience in IHC an asset
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodology (Lean Six Sigma green belt an asset)
- Working knowledge of Histology
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.