Dynacare is currently looking for a Pathology Assistants to join our team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a Part Time position working Saturday and Sunday.Shift time is 7am to 3pm.
- Performs gross examinations of surgical specimen, selects, dissects and prepares tissue sections for further-processing and examination
- Conducts non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff
- Sets up and operates laboratory equipment in preparation for specimen examinations
- Opens, separates, numbers and arranges specimens for laboratory examination and trace results
- Maintains simple laboratory records and inventory for supplies and reagents
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies by cleaning and maintaining quality assurance records
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures
- Ensures quality control checks and standards are run as required
- Responsible for collecting data and writing the SOP’s.
- Participates in all quality assurance programs and ensures company and Ministry of Health guidelines are observed
- Other duties as required
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory Sciences program or equivalent
- Knowledge of Histology essential
- 1 year of experience working in the Histology Department
Nice to have:
- Excellent computer skills an asset
- Medical terminology an asset
- Knowledge of Gross Anatomy and dissection techniques
- Knowledge of Microanatomy an asset
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.