This role is part of Dynacare ITSS informatics solutions and services team, whose objective is to collect and aggregate data to generate valuable business insights and data products. The data scientist will contribute to various stages of analytic modeling life cycle; engaging in data collection, preparation, analysis, and data dissemination projects. As part of those activities, the selected candidate will utilize to various modern data analytics tools and technologies to deliver efficient and effective results. The role will also involve collaborating with business sponsors, users and fellow team members to define and answer business analytics problems using internal and external data sources available to the team.
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Collect and prepare input data for analytics jobs.
- Evaluate quality of input data and propose improvement measures on upstream systems
- As needed, apply Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive analytics methods to answer business questions.
- Use statistical methods (including above analytics) to analyze data and generate useful business insights, visualizations or reports.
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes based on analytical evidences.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- Contribute to continual improvement of data analytic processes within Dynacare.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Data Analytics field
- 2+ years’ Data mining experience or in a data scientist /analyst role
- Deep experience with either Python or R and their statistical / ML packages.
- Strong database modeling and development with MS SQL Server
- Experience with NOSQL design and development using engines like MongoDB and Redis.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms including supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning algorithms.
- Experience with Microsoft BI development skills using SSIS, and SSRS.
- Experience with data visualization tools like QlikView, Power BI and Shiny-R would be required.
- Experience with Java Scripting and Excel VBA would be nice to have.
- Experience in healthcare environment would be a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to process large amounts of data
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- A team player with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to details
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.