Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Dynacare is currently looking for a Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our Chemistry team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a temporary full time position, working day shift Monday-Friday with weekends based on rotating schedule.
Temporary position for 6 months with possibility of extension. One position are currently available.
- Ensures that all samples are properly labeled and identified before testing
- Follows established protocol(s) for the handling of unsuitable samples
- Operates and troubleshoots complex instruments following department procedures
- Performs processing of samples in a timely manner as per departmental guidelines
- Performs simple non-interpretive testing procedures under the supervision of a qualified technologist
- Ensures that all abnormal, critical and STATS are processed as outlined in the department guidelines. May be required to follow-up on missing samples
- May require entry of results into company’s database
- Ensures all quality control checks and standards are maintained
- Ensures all inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical Laboratory Assistant diploma
- Minimum 6 months experience in chemistry or running and maintaining laboratory automated instrumentation
- Graduate of an approved laboratory assistant course or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AS400 Data Entry system/LIS an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team centered environment.
Dynacare is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients, and our communities against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that it is a requirement for this role that the individual be fully vaccinated* unless an exemption under the applicable provincial human rights legislation applies. Proof of full vaccination will be required to be submitted to our third-party services provider for verification purposes.
*“Fully vaccinated” is defined as two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after the second dose.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.