Senior Security Analyst
Dynacare is hiring for a full-time, Senior Security Analyst to work in the ITSS team at Dynacare, Brampton. This position is responsible for assisting the Security Officer in planning (strategic and tactical level), enhancing and implementing a complete and integrated security framework as well as responding and monitoring the security incidents and alerts to support the organization’s mission and strategic objectives. The person in the role will ensure that all Security monitoring systems are managed well and well optimized in collaboration with other technical leads within ITSS. This role also will assist the Dynacare Security Officer (DSO) to complete all internal and external audits
- Implement security lifecycle improvements by assessing current maturity level, evaluating trends and developing roadmaps.
- Work with internal departments to respond to external audits questionnaires, reviewing RFPs based on IT security questions and/or requirements of the potential client.
- Conduct internal audit reviews on multiple systems and collaborate with the Dynacare teams.
- Report to management about audit results, and recommend changes in processes, policies and/or technology to address any audit findings.
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security incident management processes, deep hands-on experience of cyber threat hunting, threat intelligence and/or data analytics.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Monitor compliance with regulations, regulatory organizations and controls by analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation in preparation for audits.
- Assist the ITSS leadership and the Information Security Officer in the establishment and enforcement of security policies and procedures
- Assist in risk evaluation and mitigation of any new acquisition or 3rd party vendors
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices
- Conduct internal security awareness sessions
- Monitor organizational compliance to yearly cyber security training
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment
- Understanding of fundamental IT concepts
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data, and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Expected proficiency in defining the project's objectives (IT security deliverables in the context of business objectives) and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle
- Expert knowledge of auditing concepts with strong practical experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of healthcare regulatory, privacy and operational standards and compliance.
- Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
- 5+ years’ experience in IT security practitioner experience
- CISSP is preferred
- Salary range -$85,000- $100,000 per annum
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process