Corporate Quality Assurance Coordinator
Dynacare is currently searching for a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our Clinical Development and Quality Assurance team in Brampton, ON. This is a permanent full-time role, working Monday to Friday.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is a person who blends a high degree of technical and regulatory knowledge with a full complement of essential soft skills. The successful candidate is detail oriented, possesses a positive, can-do attitude, and brings with them the technical background of a working MLT, functional knowledge of Medical Laboratory regulatory requirements, proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of products and outstanding oral and written skills.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for supporting Quality Management System processes including the analysis and trending of data; change management, vendor and reference laboratory quality, consultant credentialing, and maintaining/improving licensing processes.
- Support management and analysis of occurrences impacting quality, recommend corrective action and conduct follow-ups to ensure effectiveness of resolution
- Support national quality systems and programs such as document management, occurrence management, equipment management and temperature stability studies
- For private clients as required:
- Support external inspection processes from private clients
- Support internal quality assurance audits, training and engaging staff through the process
- Support quality program for vendors, referral labs and consultants:
- Administer annual quality questionnaires
- Maintain a knowledge base of quality questionnaire responses
- Support vendor and referral lab audit planning, and conduct scheduled audits as assigned
- Support laboratory licensing program
- Provide professional support to internal clients in answering inquiries and interpreting departmental and regulatory information
- Mentor and engage staff in quality programs and educate about regulatory requirements
- Administrative support for the Quality Assurance team
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- CMLTO Registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing preferred
- Understanding of laboratory operations, as demonstrated through 3 or more years of medical laboratory technical department related experience preferred
- Knowledge of internal Quality Assurance programs, data analysis and trending, audits and protocols
- Knowledge of Laboratory Accreditation requirements and processes
- Knowledge of IT and laboratory operations, processes and continuous improvement methodologies
- Understands and promotes principles of the quality management system
- Manages and prioritizes work using time management skills and techniques
- Applies great attention to detail
- Analyzes Quality related procedures and programs and makes recommendations for improvement
- Strong problem solving, data analysis/trending, and issues-resolution abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency of MS Office suite of products
Social Process Skills
- Ability to effectively champion new and updated Quality Management System programs and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to and thrive within a team environment.
- Demonstrated mastering of interpersonal skills and techniques to interact effectively with others and to succeed in and promote a collaborative working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and apply sound decision-making principles in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated in the ability to engage and support internal clients when rolling out or ensuring compliance with Quality Assurance programs and procedures.
- Verbal or written French language skills are an asset.
- Able to calmly and professionally respond to internal client needs, even in stressful situations.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.