Dynacare is currently searching for a Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll team in Brampton, ON. This is a full-time position, working Monday - Friday from 9 am - 5 pm.
Working under the direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the daily management of the accurate, timely and confidential preparation and distribution of the Dynacare’s payroll and assist in the preparation of all month end and year end related reporting.
- Ensure payroll procedures are in compliance with HRSDC, CRA, other regulatory bodies, and the applicable collective agreements
- Verify payroll each pay period to ensure transactions have been processed accurately
- Ensure processing of appropriate deductions, remittances and reporting requirements for deductions and benefits as required by legislation, collective agreements & company policies are met
- Reconcile payroll source deductions for T4 purposes
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll timecards for 3000+ employees
- Provide advice, guidance and communicate to staff on all payroll matters including benefit deductions and remittances related issues/questions
- Prepare payroll reports on a monthly basis, including Vacation/RRSP/Sick reports and ad-hoc as required by the business
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll and benefit deductions and remittances
- Respond to enquiries as required and provide support to the sites in processing payroll
- Prepare annual EHT and WSIB returns
- Update Payflex Payroll System employee profiles accurately and timely with changes provided by HR-ECN forms submitted
- Prepare T2200 Forms across Canada at employees request for mileage and car allowance recipients
- Assist the Payroll Manager in payroll workflow enhancements/automation projects
- Completion or pursuing the PCP and/or CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) designation
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in payroll and benefits administration, preferably in a multi-site environment
- Proficiency with Ceridian payroll applications is required (example Paflex or Workforce)
- Proficiency in other payroll applications (ex. ADP) is desired
- Strong knowledge of employment standards and regulations
- Experience in benefits administration preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Payroll experience in a unionized environment is a definite asset
- Strong organizational, problem solving, decision making, multitasking and communication skills
- Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential information
- Strong time management skills
- Capacity to work effectively as a member of the team and build positive working relationships
- Able to work with varying employees across the organization
- Focus on customers – both internal and external
- Looks for ways to streamline and improve processes
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dyanacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.