Manager, Specimen Processing
Dynacare is currently looking for a Manager to join their Specimen Processing Laboratory team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a Full-Time position working Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4pm.
Reporting to Director of Quality & Operational Excellence the Manager, Specimen Processing will be accountable for leading a team to achieve excellence in quality delivery, efficiency in workflow, budget aherence and strong, positive employee relations.
- Develop, maintain and foster an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork while working in compliance with established policies and practices
- Accountable for staffing, team building, training and development and conducting performance appraisals to ensure attainment of departmental goals and objectives
- Ensure fair and equitable treatment of staff is practiced in all interactions and within Employment Standards guidelines
- Work with the Manager, LHSC and the Manager, Laboratory Operations to execute effectively on all aspects of accountabilities
- Ensure proactive customer service is provided, including professional and personal assistance to all internal and external clients and answering inquiries
- Establish, monitor and report on compliance and quality metrics to monitor processes and guide quality improvement
- Assist with the communication of information in a concise and timely manner to all staff regarding policy changes and other pertinent issues
- Recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards
- Effective management of Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the management team by providing input into strategic business planning as well as ongoing review and analysis of programs and systems to ensure continuous improvement targets are achieved
- Manage compliance; collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Co-ordinate and lead containment and corrective actions pertaining to Quality deficiencies
- Other duties as and when assigned
- Knowledge of managerial leadership systems and processes
- Minimum of 5 years of continual improvement experience with proven results
- Proven managerial leadership experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices and processes preferably in a data entry, customer service, or warehouse environment
- Knowledge of business and operational planning, including resource allocation and best practice customer service techniques
- Bachelor's degree in an area such as manufacturing, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or engineering technology or Diploma or degree in a health care field, business, management as well as Six Sigma certification and formal training/certification in lean manufacturing
- Create and improve Value Streams and Process Maps to better serve the internal and external customers
- Demonstrated history of achieving lean transformation through value stream mapping, process mapping, 5-S, Kaizen, continual improvement programs, and visual factory elements
- Proven experience implementing Six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools in an environment similar to a medical laboratory environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
Nice to have:
- Able to apply great attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities
- Ability to perform under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Proven coaching and mentoring approach to improvement
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution abilities
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.