Dynacare is currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our team in Hamilton/Niagara region, Ontario. This is a 3-month s contract role working 37.5 hours a week, various shifts.
The Reporting to the Manager of Logistics Operations, this role is responsible for coordination of all functions associated with Dispatch, Warehouse, Distribution, Transportation and Customer Services.
- Requires contact and negotiation with staff to obtain and give explanations or information (technical or other) to ensure information is understood.
- Uses negotiation skills to resolve disputes without the need for elevation.
- Proactively evaluates potential problems on the job and initiates action to limit negative outcomes.
- Creation of memorandums and other communication tools within the organization to effectively pass information.
- Responsible for monitoring vehicle maintenance and ensuring inspections are completed on a daily basis.
- Establish a rotation of vehicles so that the annual mileage is spread equally across the fleet.
- Assist in annual vehicle allotment based on fleet worthiness.
- Maintaining the courier routes and ensuring the proper information is disseminated amongst the departments.
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, and/or other documents to monitor and track courier performance and summarize client and study-specific courier invoices.
- Perform Quality Assessments for completeness and compliance with appropriate regulations and to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Establish documentation procedures for courier performance metrics and issues resolution.
- Assist in the scheduling of vacation and training throughout the year.
- Ensure resources are in place to meet daily demands while employees are on vacation.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of annual training plans for health & safety, defensive driving, TDG, WHMIS and other mandatory training courses
- Assist in reviewing existing Standard Operating Procedures and provide input on possible process improvements.
- Perform duties in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Contribute towards GDML's learning and knowledge-based culture by sharing in the responsibility of training and skill development of new team members as requested.
- Responsible to foster a commitment to quality and customer service within their areas of responsibility.
- Responsible to protect their own health and safety by reporting hazards and working in compliance with established safe working practices.
- Participates in safety programs and activities such as training, communication, inspection, investigation and general safety promotion.
- Performs duties in accordance with established company policies and procedure.
- Act as the lead TDG expert and trainer for both the Transportation and Warehouse departments
- 5 year’s experience in similar role
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid G driver’s license with 3-year clean driving abstract – vehicle operation
- Able to demonstrate a positive approach and a friendly attitude combined with focus for quality
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Punctual and reliable
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods certificate
- Excellent communications skills
Nice to Have:
- Planning and/or coordination of activities with the other members of the work group
- Accountable for Logistics and Supplies team results.
- Judgment is required to solve problems using established methods.
- Information needed to solve the problems may require research for clarification.
*Please note that a Criminal background verification & clear driver abstract must be met as a condition of employment*
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.