Dynacare is looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join our Histology team in Brampton,ON.This is a one year contract working Monday to Friday 4 pm to 12 am.
- Data enter all patient and test information for MOH requisitions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify the completeness of all OHIP documentation and file related paperwork.
- Handle STAT, verbal, critical and special instructions as required.
- Process add-on test requests and subsequent specimen selection.
- Process all specimens including receiving, sorting, labeling, separation, and placing in appropriate area.
- Follow all guidelines for the handling of infectious material.
- Prepare specimens and documentation for reference testing.
- Ensure type of sample is correct for specified test and sent to correct reference laboratory.
- May be responsible for follow-up on missing samples, documentation, results, etc.
- Laboratory Assistant Program or equivalent previous experience
- Strong specimen processing
- Excellent data entry skills required
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team centered environment.
Nice to have:
- OSMT Certification
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.