Technical Specialist - Enterprise Data and Voice
Dynacare is currently looking to hire a Technical Specialist - Enterprise Data and Voice to join our ITSS team in Brampton, ON. It is a full-time role working 37.5 hours weekly, Monday to Friday.
The Technical Specialist - Enterprise Data and Voice is responsible for the design, build and implementation of network systems across the enterprise. This includes planning (including roadmaps), installing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all local, wireless and wide area network connections, associated software, security rules and communications links. Troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions. Accountable to ensure that all production systems are working at optimal levels, 100% uptime and highly secure based on industry best practices. Ensures cost efficient and effective approaches are being taken when selecting and implementing telecommunications infrastructure. Provide support to other ITSS portfolios regarding new technologies and system requirements in order to ensure strategic investment in technology infrastructure. Perform network and security product evaluation and makes recommendations to ensure optimal network performance and resiliency, ensures the network security infrastructure is standardized and compliant to industry security standards in order to meet company and user goals.
- Determine Data, Voice, Security and Wireless equipment standards, roadmaps with emphasis on growth and scalability.
- Create standard telecommunication component build documentation
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecommunications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecommunication systems
- Lead and participate in projects to improve the global enterprise telecommunications infrastructure at Dynacare working with ITSS staff and end users
- Perform technical evaluation of existing network and connectivity architecture for mergers and acquisitions
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery and network security plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and breaches
- Determine monitoring requirements of the company’s voice and data network structure systems with an emphasis on proactive utilizing system trends and warnings
- Generate new ideas to increase the quality or efficiency of telecommunications infrastructure to meet the business needs
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices
- Provide second level Network Security Support based on Enterprise Business Security Standards.
Knowledge, Educational and Experience
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCND (Cisco Certified Network Designer) or CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional) or CCIE a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in IP addressing and subnetting, routing protocols, VPN concepts, VLAN configuration and concepts, L2/L3 switching technologies.
- Minimum 3+ experience with Cisco routers, Switches, Firewalls, IPS, ISE network policy management, wide area network design and support including Site to Site VPN.
- Expertise in designing voice and data network technology solutions, creation of business cases and strategic, tactical proposals
- Strong understanding and alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives
- Support, upgrade, and maintain systems such as Checkpoint firewalls, SourceFire IPS, Wireless Controller and Cisco Meraki.
Social Process Skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills; able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner to convey network concepts and issues to end users and senior management on a non-technical level, while dealing with other IT professionals on a technical level.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly. Self-motivated to succeed, with the capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Proven project management and organizational skills, managing multiple concurrent tasks and/or projects.
- Extremely detail oriented with an exceptional ability to plan work effectively and multi-task as appropriate.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.