Team Lead - Health Services
Reporting to the Regional Manager, LHSC, you will assist in providing leadership to assigned sites. You will be responsible for monitoring the day to day operations of the location(s) which includes providing policy and process guidance for staff, location workflow, client services and overseeing occupational health and safety within assigned sites. You will be required to perform the duties of a Laboratory Assistant including obtaining blood samples and other specimens from patients for diagnostic testing.
- Works directly with staff in conjunction with Regional Manager, to achieve operational goals
- Makes suggestions to the day to day operational requirements and recommendations to policy and process changes to the Regional Manager as required.
- Recommend changes to maintain high level of productivity in conjunction with the Regional Manager.
- Communicates to the Regional Manager, Health Services any issues or concerns.
- Creates a positive working environment by listening and asking for employee feedback.
- Provide input to Regional Manager on employee training and technical development.
- Utilize wait time measurements and technology to make recommendations to reduce patient wait-time and bottle-necks.
- Provides customer and patient centric care while demonstrating Dynacare’s core values of Compassion, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration and Customer Focus.
- Lead by way of example to always create a positive or ‘wow’ patient experience with every interaction.
- Ensure prompt and courteous customer service to all internal and external clients.
- Assist the Regional Manager on any investigation, documentation and implementation of preventative measures for all workplace accidents, injuries, and hazards.
- Ensure locations are always audit and inspection ready. Ensure all required tasks and assessments are complete. Team Lead will forward all assessments to the Manager for review, signature, and corrective action plan.
- Coaches team members on quality related errors to meet operational targets. Assist LHSC Manager on complaint investigation.
- Contribute toward Dynacare's learning and knowledge-based culture by sharing in the responsibility of training and skill development of existing and new team members as required.
- Performs Lab Assistant duties and functions as required.
- Ability to travel to and between locations on a regular basis.
- 3 to 5 years related experience working in a laboratory environment, including Phlebotomy
- Proficient with GD related software application including OmniTech, Paymentech, Telemed, AS400 and Outlook
- Proficient in MS office, excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Demonstrated Dynacare Core Competencies: Respects and values others, Focuses on customers, Builds positive working relationships, Drives results and Strives for Innovation
- Working knowledge of laboratory best practices and competent in all collection techniques
- Excellent command of English and/or French where applicable
- Leads by example
- Be a health and safety champion. Report health and safety hazards, support investigations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Continuous improvement mindset of bringing forward recommendations, collecting data and implementing solutions
- Fosters open communication between all team members and assists in communicating key messages and initiatives
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process