Dynacare is looking for a Cytotechnologist to join our Anatomical Pathology team in Ontario. This is a full- time position,working Monday to Friday day shift
- Performing accurate and timely evaluation and interpretation of gynecological and non-gynecological slides by both conventional and liquid based preparation.
- Performing microscopic evaluation of the structural changes using specific criteria in normal and disease altered cells that are assessed for the purpose of cancer detection
- Opportunity to perform in all aspects of histology and immunohistochemistry including grossing specimens, embedding, microtomy, routine and special staining
- Opportunity to perform molecular testing
- Complying with all Dynacare policies and procedures
- Complying with safe work practices in accordance with company Health & Safety policies
- Other duties as required
- CMLTO Registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing
- Diploma from an accredited school of Diagnostic Cytology
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level.
- Proficient with computer applications
Nice to have:
- Experience with Merlin an asset
- Previous work experience in Cytology preferred
- Previous work experience in Histology is an asset
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound decision-maker who functions effectively independently
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring- I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player- I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement- I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process