Medical Laboratory Assistant
Dynacare is looking for a Genetics Medical Laboratory Assistant to join our non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) team in Brampton, Ontario. This is a full time, permanent position working 5 days a week Monday to Saturday, Varied shifts.
- Provide support in the Dynacare NIPT Laboratory
- Unpacks and sorts incoming samples
- Confirms the accuracy of all patient information on requisitions and specimen samples, resolves any problems or inaccuracies prior to testing and performs required data entry
- Extracts DNA from human blood samples using universal precautions and following established methods in our lab
- Prepare and sort specimens for technical analysis
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment
- Performs NIPT robotic assay tasks
- Prepares reagents and controls using defined procedures
- Participates in lab cleaning and organization as required
- Monitors and maintain laboratory supplies
- Participates in lab quality audits, and annual review and updating of standard operating procedures
- Works safely, following lab safety SOPs and safety requirements at all times
- Laboratory Assistant Program or equivalent previous experience (ex. a B.Sc. with significant genetics laboratory experience)
- Strong specimen processing skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Experience with lab information systems
- Accuracy and precision in performing laboratory procedures
- Excellent documentation practices
- Demonstrate attention to detail and emphasize safety/precaution in work practices
- Great communication skills in written and oral English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintain strict standards of patient privacy and confidentiality
- Work well independently and as a member of a team
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
Nice to have:
- Experience in clinical genetic testing
- OSMT certification an asset
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.