As a Manager of Operations, you will lead the execution of all operational performance and process standards and ensure employees deliver prompt and courteous service promoting a professional environment. You will oversee an assigned clientele (internal and external) to the respective region. Maintain and develop professional relationships with existing and potential clients. Manage Budgets and FTE for the respective region. Ensure that standards for technical efficiency, quality control and government regulations are met.
- Strategically plan and identify for the necessary Capital and Operating budget requirements, Route design and overall Logistics capacity in coordination with the client.
- Provide input and information into the Director’s operational plans and strategies.
- Develop and execute a 3 to 12 months business plan that is in line with the organization’s objectives for growth and operational excellence that delivers operational, health and safety, sustainability and, financial (revenue, cost) targets.
- Develop goals for all direct report, ensuring that they are aligned and integrated to department and organizational goals, stratum appropriate and cascade throughout Logistics to achieve performance expectations and decided metrics.
- Managing staff both directly and indirectly, and responsible for the hiring process for all Direct Reports, including undertaking interviews, orientation/on-boarding, training, coaching and performance management.
- Proactively engage in performance management activities for the team by conducting development and performance coaching sessions, performance appraisals, and where required, work in conjunction with Human Resources to address performance issues to create corrective action plans.
- Provide leadership to a team of direct reports by building their capabilities in areas including customer service by providing training and effective change management.
- Fleet Management, which ensures that available fleet meets the highest quality standard service needs of Logistics clients.
- Support revenue growth by participating in RFP & Costing for new and existing Logistics clients.
- Manage Logistics customers service level agreements including on-boarding new clients and customers.
- Conduct metric reviews of Logistics Site to ensure key indicators of cost, quality, delivery, safety and customer experience are being met or exceeded, and introduce corrective actions where required.
- Analyze logistics volumes and fleet reports on efficient operation of the department. Interpret and report on budget variances and develop strategies for maintaining budget costs and FTE's.
- Effectively administer human resource programs to help foster an environment of positive employee engagement, empowerment and motivation while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices.
- Build synergies, methodologies and business solutions that will enhance business growth with support to clinical and business support departments
- Build and sustain effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Interact with customers and clients regarding re-issues resolution
- Recommend improvement to customer service and logistics policies, standards and practices to Director Logistics.
- Establish and enhance the Dynacare Customer Services profile in the industry and community by providing exemplary Logistics services to all clients.
- Develop and nurture a culture of safety, quality, service, performance, innovation, adaptability and fair treatment of direct reports.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Liaise with all departments and staff to effect resolution of client inquiries
- Report all unresolved complaints to the Department Head
- Maintain frequent contact with direct and indirect subordinates
Interface with clients, vendors and suppliers for issues resolution
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in and sound understanding of logistics and transportation industries, financial management, route optimization, logistics processes, systems and bench-marking trends
- Understanding the application of WHMIS and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and how it relates to daily operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in in business/logistics/supply chain with 5+ years of experience is an asset.
- Experience with a successful track record of leading people.
- In depth knowledge of the geographical region.
- Demonstrated problem solving accomplishments