Dynacare is looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Genetics team in Brampton, Ontario. This position will be initially a part-time permanent role (24hrs per week) with eventual progression into a full-time permanent position.
- Collects, manages, and studies genomic and biological data at the molecular level by using computer software and hardware with data mining and knowledge engineering as appropriate to the purpose
- Collaborates with R&D scientists on the development and validation of new assays, measurement technologies and tests for evaluating clinical conditions
- Build innovative pipelines, implementing best coding practices compliant with accreditation and other regulatory bodies
- Performs statistical and bioinformatics analyses of experimental data produced by clinical testing instruments such as DNA sequencers, qPCR and other molecular instruments
- Conducts data mining over internally produced and publicly available data sets
- Provides analysis information to management to aid in decision making on the development of new laboratory developed tests or improvement of existing tests
- Provides bioinformatics support for the integration of NGS workflows into LIMS and submission of annotated variants to various databases
- Develops or improves data analysis pipelines necessary for processing of large datasets
- Develops or improves interpretation pipelines for variant scoring and reporting
- Develops or improves data retention infrastructure and policies
- Provides training to laboratory staff regarding bioinformatics workflows
- Supports development of quality reporting tools including troubleshooting and data trending
- Supports the development of API tools to bridge communications between platforms
- Requires a Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Must be able to provide evidence of relevant research and/or clinical expertise in the form of presentations, software, technical publications, and/or knowledge of applications
- Master's with 0-2 years' experience or Bachelor's with at least 5 years' experience in a biotechnology and/or clinical genetics setting
- Excellent data management and programing knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure, multi-task, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team centered environment
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.