Regional Field Trainer
The Regional Field Trainer is accountable for providing training within the homecare mobile services department. Responsible for delivering training in person, which may include distance-based learning in remote locations. The position is also accountable for working with the managers within Central and Western Ontario to develop, implement and monitor quality standards in conjunction with our quality policy and programs.
• Provide training and or instruction on current and new service delivery processes
• Work with management to develop and improve current or future training materials (SOP’s, practices, training manuals, presentations, etc.)
• Review current SOP’s, manuals and practices to identify needs and perform gap analyses based on common errors and complaints received from clients and patients
• Conduct periodic audits with collectors, determine training needs and provide appropriate coaching and training as required
• Track collector specific to ensure competency and training records are current and complete and meet the requirements of regulatory bodies
• Work with management to ensure all new processes and written instructions are updated and included for document control and inclusion into all manuals, SOP’s and training materials
• Assist with the selection, development and administration of e-learning content
• Assist with the development and implementation of Quality Assurance standards and metrics as it pertains to technical training
• Monitor, review and analyze all feedback (internal and external) for continuous improvement purposes
• Conduct reviews to ensure all collectors are current and compliant with quality and industry standard operating procedures
• Periodically calibrate and log centrifuge equipment within select nursing and retirement homes
• Champion best practices
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Medical Lab Assistant Certificate or equivalent degree or specialization in a related position
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a medical lab assistant or equivalent
• Knowledge of performance and training needs analysis techniques and tools
• Knowledge of training program design and delivery
• TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) certified trainer
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license (requirements)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with training facilitation, evaluation and needs assessment
• Ability to develop interactive course material for delivery through technology and web based learning
• Experience with adult learning principles
• Ability to coach others on regulatory and SOP requirements
• Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with ability to learn new software
Social Process Skills
• Demonstrated success at building relationships and collaborating with a network of internal and external colleagues, subject matter experts and clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingualism preferred in Eastern Canada)
• Attention to detail and ability to balance competing priorities; multi-task on learning initiatives of varying complexity
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, decision-making and influencing skills
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
• Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
• Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
• Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.