Dynacare is hiring for Driver/Courier to work in its Logistics Department in Stratford, ON. This is a Permanent Full Time role working 5 Days/week schedule (Monday through Friday) - 25 Hours per week (Minimum), starting at 3:15 pm each day.
Internal Posting expires on June 6, 2022.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Courier is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of medical samples, reports and supplies between hospitals, and other laboratories.
- Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of medical samples, reports and supplies on assigned Route.
- Ensure all samples are picked up as scheduled for clients,
- Ensure medical reports and other mail is delivered to all locations on assigned route.
- Act as the representative of the company and must be courteous, informative and professional at all times.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the vehicle at all times
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid G driver’s license with 3-year clean driving abstract – vehicle operation
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds(lbs.)
- Able to demonstrate a positive approach and a friendly attitude combined with focus for quality
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Punctual and reliable
Nice to have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a commercial driver/courier role
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods certificate
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to adapt to changing schedules if required
- Familiarity with Electronic Devices including (but not limited to) Smart Phone, Personal Computer (to access Email, On Line Training and Internal Employee Website).
*Please note that a Criminal background verification & clear drivers abstract must be met as a condition of employment*
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.