Senior Advisor - Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
This role will be responsible for evolving Dynacare’s culture of ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment where all ideas are valued, all voices are heard, and we can enable positive change and strengthen our communities.Leveraging their expertise and passion, the Senior Advisor, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion will be a strategist, change agent and subject-matter-expert.
- Collaborate with the Dynacare HR team, business leaders and the Global HR team to develop the EDI strategy.
- Develop and operationalize key projects and initiatives to support the strategy.
- Develop internal and external communications strategies. Partner with the internal communication team to ensure alignment.
- Identify learning needs of various stakeholders to increase awareness, effectiveness and impact of team members and people leaders.
- Design and deliver workshops to educate and inspire employees. Engage external vendors as needed for specific training topics.
- Engage leaders and those with lived experience to lend their voice, experience, and participation in EDI initiatives.
- As a subject-matter-expert, influence at all levels with a variety of stakeholders, while supporting change management and applying an EDI lens to new initiatives.
- Partner with HR team to understand needs of clients and help HRBPs embed EDI in their client groups.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, provide leadership and guidance to HR and others in the organization on emergent issues related to EDI.
- Plan and rollout calendar of events such as cultural celebrations and observances.
- Review various HR policies and business practices to operationalize EDI strategies.
- Embed EDI principles in various internal communications vehicles.
- Keep current in new EDI trends, best practices, training, and tools.
- Measure effectiveness of initiatives and adjust the approach as needed.
- Provide regular reporting on agreed upon measures.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct work experience in a leadership or advisory role in EDI.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in diversity studies, human resources, or related field.
- Knowledge of human rights, employment standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Previous experience as a 'front-of-the-room' training and/or facilitator (in any previous role) is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong project /change management skills including the ability to initiate and develop work plans, deliver initiatives to plan.
Social Process Skills
- Model professionalism and integrity including the handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written; including social media) and previous experience writing organization wide communications, policies, or training modules.
- Ability to think strategically but focus on operationalizing ideas into plans and actions
- Ability to effectively research, synthesize and present data, information and recommendations in a variety of formats including reports and presentations