Corporate Communications Specialist
Dynacare is looking for an experienced Communications professional to join our Corporate Communications team. This is a permanent full-time position.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and a creative thinker. They will be experienced at developing high-quality strategic communication content for internal and external audiences, and will have a strong understanding of communications best practices. They will enjoy working with internal and external partners (the media, dignitaries, partner organizations) and will have experience with social media. They will have advanced writing and editing skills and possess a natural talent for translating complex information into clear and compelling communication materials. The candidate will enjoy working with community organizations and developing programming.
The position reports to the Corporate Communications Manager and will have regular opportunities to provide leadership of the day-to-day activities of the Corporate Communications Department.
- Developing engaging communications materials to support strategic objectives and other organizational priorities
- Updating and posting intranet content; producing and posting social media content; photography; basic graphic design
- Writing and editing for news releases, internal communications, speeches, social media content, publications and other public relations materials
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with local and national media, external partners (charitable and community organizations)
- Proactive media outreach as required to support communications plans
- Support community, CSR and charitable programs
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a communications role. Experience in a healthcare environment an asset
- Advanced writing, editing, speech writing and presentation skills with a natural talent for translating complex information into clear and compelling communication materials
- Highly motivated to successfully carry out a number of important responsibilities in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large and diversified workload while meeting tight deadlines
- Expertise with media relations an asset
- Experience developing and sustaining effective working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including senior leaders, program leaders and staff, members of the media, government officials and community partners
- Computer skills including graphic design (ex. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator), PowerPoint, social media platforms
- Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills, and the ability to work in a respectful, cooperative team setting
- Evidence of effective organizational, interpersonal, communication, judgment, critical thinking, decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- Commitment to our organizational values
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) will be considered an asset