Dynacare is looking for a Manager-Genetics to join their team in Brampton, ON.This is a Permanent, full time opportunity.
Manage operations in both the Impact Genetics and NIPT Laboratories:
- Develop, maintain, and foster an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices
- Manage department requirements; this includes staffing, scheduling, training, performance evaluation, coaching, and recognition
- Encourage trust and open communication by addressing staff concerns and inquiries by investigating and addressing employee issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Assist with the communication of information in a concise and timely manner to all staff regarding policy changes and other pertinent issues
- Recommend, implement, and monitor departmental procedures, policies, and standards
- Monitor quality control programs and processes, review and interpret QC results, and act to correct any potential issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure customer needs are addressed as needed
- Responsible for business planning, goal development and scheduling for the department
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategies, plans, and continuous improvement programs that align with the business goals and support the function, department and company objectives
- Manage compliance; collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and statistics
- Accountable for the scientific and technical functioning of the department
- Extensive working knowledge in Genetics required
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and management reports
- Minimum B.Sc. in a Genetics-related science and registered with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in Clinical Genetics or extensive clinical laboratory genetics experience
- Previous managerial experience or demonstrated increased responsibility in a clinical environment demonstrating readiness for a management role
Nice to have:
- Lean Six-Sigma certification is an asset
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.