The Operations Manager will oversee an assigned clientele within the transportation department based out of London. You will be accountable for the day-to-day operations while promoting a customer-focused environment. You will be highly involved in actively building your teams – hiring, training, and developing your team members.
• 3+ years Leadership experience in a high paced, customer focused environment (required)
• Proven ability to drive amazing customer experiences and results through team development
• Effectively managing multiple commitments to customers, staff and operations while meeting competing deadlines
• Ability to adapt to challenges while remaining calm in a constantly changing environment
• Degree or Diploma in a health care field, Business, Marketing or other related field, and/or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge and Understanding:
Understand the application of WHMIS and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and how it relates to daily operations
Advanced understanding of Warehouse and Distribution processes (including GPS and related technologies) and methodologies to drive and improve the business cycle
Understand Syndicated Driver and Syndicated Distribution processes and best practices (include merchandising concepts and practices)
Knowledge about Highway Traffic and Safety Act and how it affects a national logistics network
• Manage staff with the assistance of the Team Leads both directly and indirectly with the interview and hiring process, training, and performance management of staff including providing staff development and continuing education opportunities.
• Proactively engage in performance management activities for the team: by conducting development and performance coaching sessions, performance
appraisals, and where required, work in conjunction with Human Resources to address performance issues to create corrective action plans.
• Proactively engage in recognition activities with your team of employees.
• Effectively administer human resource programs to help foster an environment of positive employee relations, empowerment and involvement while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices.
• Develop a rapport with all employees and management by practicing fair and equitable treatment of all staff in all interactions.
Manage Dynacare’s transportation including onboarding new clients and customers
Provide information into Director’s operational plans and strategies
Provide managerial leadership on the ground to a team of direct reports including drivers, shipper/receivers and mailroom/distribution clerks
Build direct reports’ capabilities by providing training in a variety of areas including customer service and provide effective change leadership to direct report team
Build synergies, methodologies and business solutions that will enhance business growth with support to clinical and business support departments
Develop and execute a 3 to 12 month business plan that is in line with the organization’s objectives for Dynacare’s growth and operational excellence
Interact with customers and clients regarding re-issues resolution
Build and sustain effective cross-functional relationships with Dynacare
Ensure business plans and deliverables of direct report positions, Couriers, Mail Distribution, Customer Service Orders and Warehouse are aligned and integrated, stratum appropriate and cascade throughout Logistics to achieve performance expectations and decided metrics
Strategically plan and identify for Transportation, Distribution, Warehouse and Customer Service the necessary budget requirements, the provision of Route design with GPS Technology and cycle inventory checks to position Logistics for the 21st century and the acquisition and talent pool development of optimal human resources
Develop and nurture a culture of safety, quality, service, performance, innovation, adaptability and fair treatment of direct reports
Establish and enhance the Dynacare Customer Services Orders (CSO) profile in the industry and community
Recommend customer service and logistics policies, standards and practices to immediate manager