The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, manage and successfully deliver assigned projects on time and on budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager is accountable for the overall management of assigned projects throughout the project life-cycle to the highest customer satisfaction. Through his/her leadership, teamwork and partnering with the project team, as well as various cross-functional teams Project Manager ensures that project scope changes and risks are resolved, mitigated and/or escalated in a timely fashion
- Define, monitor and deliver on project scope, schedule, milestones, budget, Statement of Work, and deliverables that support the business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, resources and critical path.
- Maintain effective and regular communication with all stakeholders on all project related matter.
- Travel within Canada may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members, including ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with project teams, and other project stakeholders.
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of business requirements gathering and implementation of application solutions for Healthcare and/or medical field.
- Project Management certification (PMP).
- University Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven, experience of 3-5 years in large-scale IT project management and systems implementation, with a track record of success (on-time, on-budget, goals met).
- Knowledge and experience of Healthcare and/or Health Solutions processes to ensure solution meets or exceeds stakeholder’s needs.
- Foundation knowledge of operating systems, application development, database management, interface engines, information systems principles, and related methodologies.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project
- Familiar with programming languages and systems integrations.
- Hands on experience with MS Office, Visio and other PM tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and techniques for planning, organizing, estimating, monitoring and controlling various Application Systems projects.
Social Process Skills
- Experience in team management and team building, providing proven ability to form, build and manage effective teams.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (French an asset).
- Demonstrated ability to do effective presentations to large and small groups.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and systematic thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision focusing on results.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to interact with people from all disciplines with all levels of experience.