X-Ray Technologist (Medical Radiation Technologist)
Dynacare is currently looking for a Medical Radiation Technologist to join our team in Manitoba. This is a term position for a period up to 6 month
- Ensures requisitions are correctly completed, verifies patient information with patient’s health insurance card
- Ensures x-rays are ordered by a qualified professional.
- Observes all general safety precautions and ensures the safety of patients, staff and visitors while the X-ray equipment is in operation.
- Communicates at an appropriate level of understanding for the patient.
- Performs X-ray examinations within his/her scope of practice; processes X-ray images
- Monitors the effectiveness of all imaging procedures; produces images of good diagnostic quality, updates techniques/procedures where necessary.
- Notifies the PACS Administrator of any corrections needed in files/images sent to the PACS.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of medical information.
- Recognizes problems, initiates corrective action, and implements improvements in departmental operation to enhance patient care.
- Notifies the supervisor of any concerns or incidents
- Performs and maintains accurate records, for the day-to-day quality control, equipment maintenance, and audit data.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of a qualified Medical Radiologic Technology Program..
- Current member in good standing of MAMRT and CAMRT.
- Knowledge of Quality Control documentation and procedures.
Social Processing Skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in word processing preferred.
- Ability to instruct new employees in procedures specific to X-ray.
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment