Dynacare is currently looking for a Pathology Assistants to join our team in Brampton, Ontario. This a Full-Time position,Monday to Friday 5 pm to 1 am
- Performs gross examinations of surgical specimen, selects, dissects and prepares tissue sections for further-processing and examination
- Conducts non-technical routine laboratory tests and procedures under the direction of professional staff
- Sets up and operates laboratory equipment in preparation for specimen examinations
- Opens, separates, numbers and arranges specimens for laboratory examination and trace results
- Maintains simple laboratory records and inventory for supplies and reagents
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies by cleaning and maintaining quality assurance records
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures
- Ensures quality control checks and standards are run as required
- Responsible for collecting data and writing the SOP’s.
- Participates in all quality assurance programs and ensures company and Ministry of Health guidelines are observed
- Other duties as required
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory Sciences program or equivalent
- Knowledge of Histology essential
- 1 year of experience working in the Histology Department
Nice to have:
- Excellent computer skills an asset
- Medical terminology an asset
- Knowledge of Gross Anatomy and dissection techniques
- Knowledge of Microanatomy an asset
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accomodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.