Network Server Specialist
As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for a seasoned Network Server Specialist. This position is responsible for day-to-day support of operations in our cloud/datacenters, primarily in regards to setup, configuration and operations of virtualization layer, hardware, and operating systems.
- Administer Windows, VMWare/Hyper-V servers; including design, installation, configuration, monitoring, patching, clustering, troubleshooting and optimization
- Strong understanding of Cloud technology with a broad understanding of hybrid infrastructure and Azure/AWS ecosystem technologies
- Performs equipment installations (Servers, Switches, and SANs), configurations and relocation of equipment as required.
- Configuration, installation, upgrade, patching and management of operating systems, core applications, custom systems and networks
- Daily system administration functions to ensure system integrity, capacity, performance, security and disaster recovery readiness
- Administer SAN and iSCSI storage arrays
- Manage and support email spam & filtering services
- Configure and support the enterprise anti-virus systems
- Ability to extensively support various O365 Cloud base Enterprise Systems (email, MS SharePoint, Dynamics and Exchange)
- Support and configure Active Directory and GPO’s, DHCP, DNS
- Support the enterprise backup solution
- Provide basic network and firewall troubleshooting and support
- Keep system administration processes and procedure documentation up to date
- Assist end user support and application support analysts with troubleshooting incidents, completing service requests and project tasks as required
- Evaluate, develop, and implement new hardware and software solutions as assigned
- Ensures standards and processes are being followed in a consistent way by all support levels.
- Provide third level technical support of existing information systems locally and remotely. This will include on-call status and occasional travel to remote locations.
- Advise, instruct and train front line support staff on the operation of Information systems infrastructure.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to understand their technology needs in order to propose process and/or technology changes to meet those needs.
- Key contributor to various enterprise and functional projects.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and experience with implementing and managing Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2013/2016, SharePoint 2013/2016, System Center Config Manager, Operations Manager, and Virtual Machine Manager.
- Skilled in Microsoft Enterprise Microsoft Enterprise technologies including but not limited to AD, Exchange, RDS, ADFS, clustering, Hyper-V, DFS.
- Microsoft Hyper-V in a highly available cluster environment
Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, and Print Servers.
- Skilled use of Microsoft System Center tools for enterprise patch management, operating system and application deployment, and monitoring.
- Familiar with SANs and hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Familiar with wired and wireless network troubleshooting, configuration, and management.
- Demonstrated ability stay current on technology trends.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Servers/PC hardware, software and network administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with virtual servers (Hyper-V and/or VMware).
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) qualification.
- Good communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Influencing – ability to impact decisions within and outside functional area within the context and prescribed limits established by the immediate manager.