At Dynacare, we are focused on supporting healthy lives of Canadians with commitment and care. Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and healthcare providers across Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, Dynacare may be the place for you!
As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for highly skilled, customer-oriented individuals who are passionate about patient care, and committed to creating a best in class customer experience at Dynacare. If you strive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment, this opportunity may be for you!
We are currently looking to hire a Laboratory Assistant to work in our Laboratory and Health Services Centre (LHSC) in the London, Ontario location.
As Laboratory Assistants, you will be responsible for obtaining quality blood samples and other specimens from patients, as well as conducting other patient tests, all in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values. Working as part of a team, you will assist in building a positive team environment, maintaining quality metrics and creating the ideal customer experience.
- Completion of Secondary School and a Laboratory Assistant training program, with specialized training in phlebotomy
- Customer focused with a genuine care for patient’s health
- Demonstrated skill in phlebotomy, with the ability to manage anxious patients through the sample obtaining process in a pleasant, calming and reassuring manner
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage and work in a deadline oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, at a level that enables you to communicate instructions, clearly and understandably, to patients
- Create an ideal customer experience that is best in class and engages with individuals around our products and services
- Accurately data enter patient and test information for Ministry of Health requisitions
- Obtain quality blood samples and other specimens from patients, using skillful venipuncture techniques, performed in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values
- Sort and steer specimens, perform ECG’s, Holter Hookups, paternity, urine, drug and breath alcohol collections
- Ensure specimens and supporting documentation are completed as required in SOPs and ready for data entry and transportation to the laboratory, following established protocols for the handling of suitable and unsuitable samples
- Ensure all confidential information is maintained in a secure fashion
- Contribute to meeting the departmental/corporate quality metrics, regulatory compliance and quality indicators