Manager, Mailroom and Warehouse
Accountable for the direct receiving, warehousing and distribution of mail and supplies required by the Laboratory Operations, LHSC & Logistics functions.
- Oversee the receipt, storage, servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products and mail to Dynacare Operations and Physicians across Ontario
- Set-up the Warehouse and Mailroom layout to ensure efficient space utilization
- Develop and deploy operational policies and procedures, ensuring the team are fully trained on these
- Manage day-to-day operations including workflow and scheduling
- Manage stock control and reconcile with Great Plains and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (stock IN/OUT status report, dead stock report,etc.)
- Seek client feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Provide input and information into Director’s operational plans and strategies
- Develop and execute a 3 to 12 month business plan that is in line with the organization’s objectives for Dynacare’s growth and operational excellence
- Ensure proactive customer service is provided, including, professional and personal assistance to all internal and external clients
- Build and sustain effective cross-functional relationships within Dynacare
- Ensure business plans and deliverables of direct report positions are aligned and integrated, stratum appropriate and cascade throughout Logistics to achieve performance expectations and decided metrics
- Manage KPI on department financial, customer service, operational productivity, health & safety and human resources.
- In conjunction with Director, Logistics, purchase new equipment specific to warehouse
- Keep up to date on current warehousing and inventory management trends
- Assist Director, Logistics with special projects as required
- Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, training, and development of all team members.
- Proactively engage in performance management activities for the team: by setting annual goals and KPIs, coaching,conducting performance appraisals, and where required, work in conjunction with Human Resources to address performance issues to create corrective action plans.
- Effectively administer human resource programs to help foster an environment of positive employee relations, empowerment and involvement while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices.
- Develop and nurture a culture of safety, quality, service, performance, innovation, adaptability and fair treatment of direct reports
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, shipping and health and safety legislation requirements and ensure employees’ health and safety by advising employees of hazards and dangers in the workplace and taking every reasonable precaution
- Ensure that each employee receives proper instruction and safety training for each job assigned prior to being required to perform the job and work in accordance with established safe work practices and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years demonstrated experience and sound knowledge in warehousing and inventory management
- Advanced understanding of Warehouse and Distribution processes (including Warehouse Management System technologies) and methodologies to drive and improve the inventory cycle
- A bachelor’s degree Business, Commerce or other related field preferred
- Demonstrated excellent customer service/customer interaction skills and selling aptitude
- Excellent People Management skills: 3+ years Leadership experience in a high paced, customer focused environment
- Sound understanding of business drivers and how to enhance business optimization
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Capability to develop and implement 3 to 12 months business plan
- Ability to conduct cost/saving opportunities, capital expenditure analysis and operational budget monitoring
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects from initial solution design through implementation
- Proficient with WHMIS
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Social Process Skills
- Ability to support and collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization for continuous improvement
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Lead by example with the highest standards of ethics
- Critical problem solver
- Capable of leading a function specific task team to success through delegation and to resolve any non-compliance issues
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.