Dynacare is currently looking for a Manager, Operations to join our Transportation Team in Brampton, ON. This is a Full-Time position, working Monday to Friday 37.5 hours/week.
The Operations Manager will oversee an assigned clientele within the transportation department based out of London. You will be accountable for the day-to-day operations while promoting a customer-focused environment. You will be highly involved in actively building your teams – hiring, training, and developing your team members.
• 3+ years Leadership experience in a high paced, customer focused environment (required)
• Proven ability to drive amazing customer experiences and results through team development
• Effectively managing multiple commitments to customers, staff and operations while meeting competing deadlines
• Ability to adapt to challenges while remaining calm in a constantly changing environment
• Degree or Diploma in a health care field, Business, Marketing or other related field, and/or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge and Understanding:
• Understand the application of WHMIS and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and how it relates to daily operations
• Advanced understanding of Warehouse and Distribution processes (including GPS and related technologies) and methodologies to drive and improve the business cycle
• Understand Syndicated Driver and Syndicated Distribution processes and best practices (include merchandising concepts and practices)
• Knowledge about Highway Traffic and Safety Act and how it affects a national logistics network
• Manage staff with the assistance of the Team Leads both directly and indirectly with the interview and hiring process, training, and performance management of staff including providing staff development and continuing education opportunities.
• Proactively engage in performance management activities for the team: by conducting development and performance coaching sessions, performance
appraisals, and where required, work in conjunction with Human Resources to address performance issues to create corrective action plans.
• Proactively engage in recognition activities with your team of employees.
• Effectively administer human resource programs to help foster an environment of positive employee relations, empowerment and involvement while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices.
• Develop a rapport with all employees and management by practicing fair and equitable treatment of all staff in all interactions.
• Manage Dynacare’s transportation including onboarding new clients and customers
• Provide information into Director’s operational plans and strategies
• Provide managerial leadership on the ground to a team of direct reports including drivers, shipper/receivers and mailroom/distribution clerks
• Build direct reports’ capabilities by providing training in a variety of areas including customer service and provide effective change leadership to direct report team
• Build synergies, methodologies and business solutions that will enhance business growth with support to clinical and business support departments
• Develop and execute a 3 to 12 month business plan that is in line with the organization’s objectives for Dynacare’s growth and operational excellence
• Interact with customers and clients regarding re-issues resolution
• Build and sustain effective cross-functional relationships with Dynacare
• Ensure business plans and deliverables of direct report positions, Couriers, Mail Distribution, Customer Service Orders and Warehouse are aligned and integrated, stratum appropriate and cascade throughout Logistics to achieve performance expectations and decided metrics
• Strategically plan and identify for Transportation, Distribution, Warehouse and Customer Service the necessary budget requirements, the provision of Route design with GPS Technology and cycle inventory checks to position Logistics for the 21st century and the acquisition and talent pool development of optimal human resources
• Develop and nurture a culture of safety, quality, service, performance, innovation, adaptability and fair treatment of direct reports
• Establish and enhance the Dynacare Customer Services Orders (CSO) profile in the industry and community
• Recommend customer service and logistics policies, standards and practices to immediate manager
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.