Dynacare is looking to hire a Logistics Coordinator to join our Operations team in Hamilton, ON. This is a Permanent Full-Time (benefit eligible) opportunity.
Monday to Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Location: Hamilton (Work from Office)
Internal Posting expires on November 10, 2022.
The Logistics Coordinator is a hands-on operational role that combines their knowledge of logistics operations, processes and customers to meet service delivery commitments and KPIs. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will liaise with Dispatch, Warehouse, Distribution, Customer Service, Labs to facilitate resolution of routine service and operational issues.
The Logistics Coordinator demonstrates strong communication, problem solving, decision making, building and fostering a positive and collaborative work environment, aimed at delivering best in class service to both internal and external customers.
- Tracking and monitoring that all supplies are delivered, and specimen pick-ups are made on time, escalating to the Operations Manager where necessary.
- Providing clients with information affecting delivery, such as delays delivering high levels of customer experience.
- Liaising with a broad range of internal stakeholders including couriers, dispatch, warehouse, customer service, labs to resolve service and operations issues. Escalating to operations managers for guidance or intervention as required.
- Ensuring all routes are covered by facilitating shift change requests, including rescheduling shifts and ensuring coverage for late or absent employees for review and approval by the Operations Manager.
- Assisting drivers with routing or delivery issues, communicating changes to service requirements and fleet vehicle maintenance.
- Supporting operations managers to implement programs & policies to bring efficiencies, increase customer experience and reduce costs.
- Communicating existing or potential service issues to Operations Managers for resolution.
- Generating and maintaining preparing reports, files, databases, and/or other documents to monitor and track service delivery performance, client-specific reports and invoices.
- Identifying service or process issues and providing recommendations for potential solutions.
- Performing quality assessments for route completeness and compliance with appropriate regulations and to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Monitoring and arranging for vehicle maintenance scheduling and ensuring inspections, service and repairs are completed on a timely basis.
- Monitoring the rotation of vehicles for annual mileage to be spread equally across the fleet, and appropriate vehicle allotment for routes. Facilitating fleet vehicle service with appropriate vendors. Liaising with vendors to coordinate the service and costs.
- Entering driver hours into the payroll system in an timely and accurate manner for Manager approval.
- Support the safe driving program by participating in ride-alongs to share best practices, provide peer training and recommending improvements to driver training and SOPs.
- Coordinating of annual training plans for health & safety, defensive driving, TDG, WHMIS and other mandatory training courses for both new and existing couriers, escalating any issues to the Operations Manager. Ensuring training files and recurring training is up-to-date for the team and documented.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with documentation of workplace accidents and ensuring the necessary protocols are followed, in accordance with Dynacare Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), reporting hazards and working in compliance with established safe working practices.
- Participating in safety programs and activities such as training, communication, inspection, investigation and general safety promotion.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Operational Manager in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary Education
- 3 to 5 years related experience in a transportation industry preferably in healthcare environment.
- Updated certifications and licenses required to practice in the field.
- Proficient in MS office suite, excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Valid G driver’s license with clean driving abstract, and 2 years full G class driving experience.
- Ability to travel to and between locations basis may be required in some locations
*Please note that a Criminal background verification must be met as a condition of employment*
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.