General Duty Technologist
INTERNAL CLOSING DATE:
Month Day, Year
100-830 King Edward Street
Full-Time/Term (6 Months)
As per Collective Agreement
Sunday to Thursday 12:30 am to 8:30 am
(35 hours per week)
As a General Duty Technologist, you will be responsible for the performance and release of various laboratory tests following set processes and procedures, all in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values.
Performs a variety of routine laboratory procedures to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease..
- Process Microbiology specimens.
- Perform bench work according to daily schedule or as otherwise needed.
- Follow SOP’s as per specific department manual for all procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is operating and appropriate QC is performed.
- Prepares chemical solutions as required.
- Maintain accurate records for all test and control results.
- Demonstrates procedures to newly hired Technologists, Technicians and other staff as necessary.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and calibrations.
- Prepares QC statistical reports on monthly basis.
- Required to observe all safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Maintains a tidy and clean work area.
- Communicates with supervisor all significant changes in workload, and discusses problems, procedures and
- Maintains and places orders for consumables.
- Informs Lab Manager or Section Supervisory Technologist of all complaints made by physicians or patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Laboratory Technologist registered in good standing with and CSMLS & CMLTM.
- Knowledge of Quality Control documentation and procedures.
- Knowledge of microbiology specimen processing.
- Experience in Microbiology required.
Social Processing Skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential.
- Experience in word processing preferred.
- Ability to instruct new employees in specimen processing specific to microbiology.
- Ability to work independently and within a group environment.
- Ability multitask and work in a team environment.
***Please refer to Article 2 and 7 of the Collective Agreement regarding temporary positions, job postings, promotions and transfers***