Dynacare is looking to hire a Medical Courier to work from our location at 459 Erie St, Stratford, ON. This is a Permanent Full Time (Benefits eligible) opportunity working the following shifts:
Available Shift: (Note: Shifts times may be revised based on Business Needs).
- Rotational Shifts:
- Week 1: Monday and Tuesday (6:15 am - 12:45 pm), Saturday and Sunday (6:30 am - 4 pm)
- Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (6:15 am - 12:45 pm)
- Available to cover various routes out of Stratford, ON as required.
- Training will be provided.
Internal posting expires on December 6, 2022.
- Pick-up and delivery of medical samples/specimens between client offices & Specimen Collection Centers.
- Courteous, informative and professional at all times.
- Safety and security of the vehicle at all times
- Receive orders by smartphone via Courier software
- Obtain signatures from customers when required
- Responses to message and phone calls from Dispatch
- Follow the most efficient routes for delivering items
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid G driver’s license with 3-year clean driving abstract – vehicle operation
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds(lbs.)
- Preferred experience in a courier role (willing to train the candidate)
- Able to demonstrate a positive approach and a friendly attitude combined with focus for quality
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Punctual and reliable
Nice to have:
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods certificate (Training will be provided and must be completed within 1 week of hire)
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to adapt to changing schedules if required
- Familiarity with Electronic Devices including (but not limited to) Smart Phone, Personal Computer (to access Email, On Line Training and Internal Employee Website).
In this role, you will be part of a dedicated and professional team driving company owned vehicles and wearing supplied uniforms.
Don't miss your chance to help your community!!
*Please note that a Criminal background verification & clear driver abstract must be met as a condition of employment*
Dynacare is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities against the spread of COVID-19. Please note that it is a requirement for this role that the individual be fully vaccinated*, unless an exemption under the applicable provincial human rights legislation applies. Proof of full vaccination will be required to be submitted to our third-party services provider for verification purposes.
*“Fully vaccinated” is defined as two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after the second dose
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring- I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player- I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement- I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.