Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
IT Security Engineer (Req ID 2021-290)
Duncan Aviation is hiring an IT Security Engineer to develop and deploy heightened security initiatives and policies.
We are increasing our focus on security. With the support of an experienced team of over 20 Administrators, Engineers, and Technicians our IT Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing policies and procedures based on Information Security;
- Leading the recommendation, selection and deployment of additional systems required to meet (and maintain) compliance; and
- Identifying and presenting team member training.
Haven't heard of Duncan Aviation before? We won't hold that against you! Take a look at our website to read up on us. Videos more your thing? Check out these amazing custom paint and interior projects to get a feel for what we've been up to.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and monitor security systems; provide analysis and remediation for anomalous network and system activity. Recommend and collaborate with team and third parties regarding specific remediation procedures for all security-related concerns.
- Demonstrate expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and risks while supporting real-time security monitoring operations
- Conduct security assessment. Review network hardware, systems, software, and facilities security design during planning, implementation, testing, and maintenance. Reduce vulnerabilities to an acceptable level of risk by recommending modifications to network, systems and software that align with organizational risk tolerance. Present results and recommendations to management.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures and make recommendations for security policy improvements. Lead the planning, design and implementation of the preventive, detective and corrective controls to support monitoring, problem identification, data analysis, and resolution for security related incidents
- Conduct security awareness training and outreach.
- Effectively advise and collaborate with all team members (technical and non-technical) using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems or Cyber Security preferred
- Minimum three years IT Security related experience required
- Security certifications preferred
Job Specific Requirements:
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions)
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program with an employer match.
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.