Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Engine Line Lead Technician (Req ID 2021-236)
We are growing and looking for experienced aircraft engine technicians to join our team as an Engine Line Lead Technician. If you are an experienced aircraft engine technician and have your FAA Airframe and PowerPlant Certificate, this is the career move for you!
As the Engine Line Lead Technician, you will be looked upon to demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and aircraft engine knowledge on a variety of aircraft engine models. The Engine Line Lead Technician is responsible to:
- manage and accept ownership of all aspects of the assigned aircraft and project, including coordinating necessary resources, documentation and communication with team members and customers;
- interact positively with customers and team members to foster a company-wide environment of teamwork;
- inspect, service, repair and troubleshoot aircraft, components and systems; and
- perform Quality Inspector (QI) and RII tasks as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs high quality inspections, servicing and maintenance of aircraft engines, systems and components on a variety of aircraft engines using proper tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner in accordance with Duncan Aviation approved procedures, appropriate maintenance manuals and technical data. Efficiently and effectively troubleshoots, function tests and repairs the most complicated aircraft engine systems across a variety of aircraft engines. Orders required parts as needed. Performs Quality Inspector (QI) and RII duties.
2. Oversees and prepares various documents for record keeping purposes as required by Company policy and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, engine process sheets, personal training log, etc.). Demonstrates proficiency of Duncan Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives (AD), compliance statements, final inspection and closing of squawks and work orders.
3. Manages all aspects of assigned aircraft engine projects to ensure safety, quality and efficiency throughout the projects. Accepts full ownership of assigned projects from pre-planning to delivery of the engine through planning, prioritizing, and communicating with customers, team members, OEM's, outside contractors and vendors as necessary. Ensures the safety and security of customer's equipment during all maintenance phases.
4. Supervises day-to-day activities of team members as assigned by team leader. Holds team members accountable to Duncan Aviation approved policies and procedures including professionalism, safety and shop cleanliness. Ensures team's consistent use of appropriate technical data.
5. Willingly and effectively shares knowledge and capabilities with less experienced technicians through OJT to foster their development, ensure accurate work, and support of the team's goals.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Six years related aircraft/engine maintenance experience preferred
- Previous experience leading projects preferred
Job Specific Requirements:
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe & Powerplant Certificate; Fork Lift qualified; Mobile and Overhead Crane Certification; Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; QI designation; Run Taxi Qualification eligible; tool inventory per department tool list required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; overnight and short notice travel required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Moving to the area? Let us help! Relocation Assistance, in the form of a stipend, is available for those that qualify.
- Take advantage of our Tool Account to build your tool inventory or expand on what you already have.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) available to team members on day one.
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.