Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Cabinet Assistant (Req ID 2021-448)
The Cabinet Assistant, under immediate supervision, learns and becomes competent in the building and assembly of aircraft cabinets, using shop equipment and tools in a safe and organized work area, according to customer, design specifications and Duncan Aviation approved procedures.
Essential Job Functions
1. With immediate supervision, laminates, re-laminates, repairs and modifies existing aircraft cabinets to customer satisfaction and Duncan Aviation approved procedures using appropriate equipment.
2. With immediate supervision, reads blue prints and builds new cabinet parts per blueprints. Orders necessary parts, as required.
3. With immediate supervision, performs specialty work using Plexiglas, mirrors and sheet metal products.
4. With immediate supervision prepares, and signs off and/or understands various documents for record keeping purposes as required by Duncan Aviation approved procedures, manufacturers' maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, flammability testing, W.O. Sheets, personal training log and other work order related documents supporting the review of squawks and expected hours).
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts 50 lbs., occasionally 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates working in confined spaces; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available for all shifts
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- Six months related cabinet making or woodworking experience preferred
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled