Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
IT Technical Support Specialist (Req ID 2021-567)
The IT Technical Support Specialist supports users with hardware and software issues including repairs, enhancements, new installations, etc., and maintains various inventory systems. In addition, this position provides basic training and support to users for newly installed software; provides backup for PC Help Desk; and performs special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides support to users with installation of new software, upgrades to existing software, and instruction to users on basics usage of various software.
2. Provides workstation hardware support including repairs, enhancements, and new installations and additions of PC hardware and peripherals.
3. Maintains hardware and software inventory databases.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; on-call availability may be required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : (Required)
- High School Graduate or GED
- 1+ Year of PC Technical Support & Installation Experience
- Experience with a variety of PC Hardware
EDUCATION : (Preferred)
- Associate Degree : Computer Science, Information Technology
- Bachelor Degree : Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems
CERTIFICATIONS : (Preferred)
- CompTIA A+ or similar certification desired
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled