Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Airframe Technician (Req ID 2021-527)
Are you ready to take your career to new heights with Duncan Aviation? Our state-of-the art facility in Provo, UT is growing and hiring Airframe Technician to join our team! As an Airframe Technician, you will be responsible to test, adjust, repair and perform other general maintenance tasks as necessary on a variety of aircraft models.
If you have your FAA Airframe Certificate (or in progress), enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and thrive in a team setting, this is the opportunity for you! Don't wait - submit your application today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. With limited supervision, assists in high quality inspections, servicing, and maintenance of airframe systems and components on a variety of airframes, using proper hand tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework. Accurately order general aircraft parts as needed.
2. With limited supervision, performs minor troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of aircraft systems and components.
3. Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policy and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, personal training log, etc.). Demonstrates proficiency of Duncan Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives (AD) Compliance statements, final inspection and closing of squawks and work orders.
4. Consistently locates and uses appropriate technical data and follows verbal instructions when accomplishing assigned maintenance tasks.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Two years aircraft maintenance experience or FAA Airframe Maintenance Certificate (or in progress) required
- FAA Powerplant Certificate preferred
Job Specific Requirements:
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe or Repairman's Certificate required; Powerplant Certificate preferred; valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; Respirator Fit qualified; Man Lift qualified; tool inventory per department tool list required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional overnight and short notice travel required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available to work multiple shifts
- Moving to the area? Let us help! Relocation Assistance, in the form of a stipend, is available for those that qualify.
- Take advantage of our Tool Account to build your tool inventory or expand on what you already have.
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) available to team members on day one.
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled