Duncan Aviation is the largest, family-owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world providing complete nose-to-tail services for business aircraft. We value the individual experiences and diversity of our workforce and are proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. Individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, disability status, and military service are encouraged to apply.
Are you ready for an Experience. Unlike any other? Apply today!
Airframe/Engine Technician - Rapid Response Team (Req ID 2021-556)
The Airframe/Engine Technician – RRT travels to the customer’s location to perform on-wing inspection, troubleshooting, and repairs to engines and APUs on various corporate jets across the United States and internationally. This position interacts with customers and collaborates with Duncan team members to provide exceptional customer service and rapid response 24/7.
Applicants must have an A&P certificate, as well as experience working on these engines: Honeywell TFE731, CFE738, HTF7000 series, Pratt & Whitney 300, 500, 600 and JT15 series, Williams FJ44 series, GE CF34, and Rolls Royce BR700 series.
Essential Job Functions:
- Efficiently inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, function tests, removes, reinstalls, and returns to service of aircraft engines and APUs using the proper tooling and test equipment in a safe, professional, and clean manner according to manufacturer’s specifications, FAA regulations and Duncan Aviation approved procedures. Performs as an RII Inspector.
- Oversees, completes and maintains accurate and timely engine and project documentation including reviewing preliminary reports to ensure accuracy of forecasted and billed labor hours; reviewing work orders and invoices, etc. to ensure timely and accurate inventory allocation, appropriate sign-off language, and accurate charges for labor and outside services are applied prior to billing.
- Assists with developing and maintaining relationships with area customers, communicating with sales and marketing personnel, and monitors the Company’s customer database to seek and solicit engine service opportunities. Contacts and calls on customer for engine, APU, or other service support work to meet established financial goals. Responds to customer requests and issues regarding engine and APU service work.
- Manages all aspects of assigned engine projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout the projects. Accepts full ownership of assigned projects from pre-planning to delivery of the engine through planning, prioritizing, and communicating with customers, Company personnel, OEM’s, outside contractors and vendors, as necessary. Ensures the safety and security of customer’s equipment during all maintenance phases.
- Assists with managing and maintaining adequate and appropriate parts inventory certification, calibration of assigned tooling, working condition and cleanliness of support vehicles.
- Be available to provide a continuation of service and be a point of contact for internal or external customers before or after scheduled hours of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Four years related engine/airframe maintenance experience required
Job Specific Requirements:
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required; valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; RII Designation eligible
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; multiple overnight and short notice travel
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available for all shifts
- Moving is expensive and hard work! Relocation Assistance, in the form of a stipend, is available for those that qualify.
- Rapid Response Team Members receive a Company Vehicle to use for work trips
- Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) that is available to team members on day one.
- Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
- Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days.
- Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled